The Brain Building Book
Empowering children from the first testing session.
Congratulations! You’re about to turn your feedback sessions into an empowering, engaging, life-changing experience for the children and families you work with. Thank you for doing this incredibly important work!
There are 3 sections to this manual:
- The Brain Building Feedback Framework
- Startup Guide
- Page by Page Instructions for Using The Brain Building Book
Each section contains guidance for using The Brain Building Book based on what has worked best for those who have used it so far. As you find what works (or doesn’t), I hope you will let me know so it can be included in future versions of this guide.
The Brain Building
Strategies for helping kids understanding their amazing brains.
This manual will be updated regularly as more and more practitioners use The Brain Building Book. Check back here often for additional guidance!
If your brain works better with a physical copy, click below to download a PDF of the current version.
The Brain Building Book was created with the help of an incredible team!
Engineers and Architects
- Justin Wilcox, Entrepreneurship Educator, Editor, Advisor, and my beloved forever partner
- Andrew Falk, Advisor and Illustrator
- Andres Gonzalez, Digital Illustrator
- Sarah Wheeler, Educational Psychologist and first user of The Brain Building Book
Construction Crew and Contributors
- Steven Feifer, Author, Speaker, Test Developer, and School Psychologist
- Cecil Reynolds, Author, Professor, Test Developer, School Psychologist, and Neuropsychologist
- Meryl Lipton, Developmental Pediatrician
- Matthew Pagirsky, Neuropsychologist
- Michele Berning, School Psychologist
- Sarah Vadnais, Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Hannah Acevedo, Licensed Educational Psychologist and Behavioral Specialist
- Elizabeth Sautter, Speech and Language Pathologist
- Milton Dehn, Author and Program Director at Schoolhouse Educational Services
- Kent Grelling, Clinical Psychologist
- Seth Ubogy, Neuropsychologist
- Susan Siklos, Psychologist
- Zoe Bonak, Psychologist
- Peter Duquette, Pediatric Neuropsychologist
- Brenda Wiley, Psychologist
- and all the children who have used this book with me to better understand their brains!